Tuesday 9 September 2014

Bayern Signing Benatia: I was sought after by many Europe top clubs


Bayern Munich’s new defender Mehdi Benatia has admitted a number of Europe’s top teams as Manchester City, Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to lure him away from Serie A side AS Roma this summer but he ended up choosing a move to the reigning Bundesliga champions.
“Walter Sabatini (Roma’s sporting director) told me the club wanted to keep me, but that they needed to earn money so he had to sell me,” said Benatia, as quoted by reliable Agen Bola indo11.com.
“This got me mad because I wanted to stay.”
“When Bayern arrived I understood I couldn’t miss this opportunity.”
“Also Manchester City and Chelsea wanted me, but the club also had requests from Barcelona and Real Madrid.”
“But the choice of the Bundesliga hasn’t been too difficult. Bayern is a top club. They give the possibility to challenge in all competitions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment